Mandeville House built in 1737 by Jacob Mandeville, a young man of Dutch origin, is the oldest house in Garrison. During the American Revolution it was headquarters for General Israel Putnam and other notable American Generals. General Washington documented several visits to the house. Major Andre, the British spy, lodged in the house after his capture. Mandeville House is a State and National historic site. Be sure to see the old Revolutionary road in front of the house.