Erie Canal Lock 33

Address Dump Road
Minden, NY 13339
Website Click Here
Hours Open year round.
Themes Canals & Transportation, Colonial History
Add to Itinerary   What's Nearby


Built in 1824, enlarged in 1840 and 1888, and abandoned in 1918, Lock 33 was part of the original Erie Canal, which stretched 363 miles from the Hudson River to Lake Erie, creating an all water route to the interior of the continent. The Erie was an immediate success and within ten years New York began expanding the waterway. The Enlarged Erie Canal Lock 33 helped to speed the flow of goods and people across the region. Today, the lock is accessible and its history is interpreted through on site signage.


  • Historic Sites:
  • Path Through History:
Path Through History Information
  • Official PTH Site:
  • Sites Dates Hours: Open year round.


Loading Map