Historic St. Agnes Cemetery founded in 1867 is a large rural cemetery located just outside of Albany. Comprised of 114 acres it is full of 19th and 20th century monuments and private mausoleums memorializing the area's earliest citizens from the very wealthy and prominent to poor immigrants and people once enslaved. There is a Visitors Center on-site that is fully staffed and an art gallery (The Living Room Art Gallery) featuring the work of local artists with a new exhibit every 60 days. The cemetery has a full time historian on staff. She offers guided tours by appointment. Materials for self guided tours are available as well and the historic tour stops are marked with signs. Cell tours in the works. The cemetery holds a variety of classes including painting classes and fine clay art, history lectures, community discussions and gravestone restoration workshops.