Town of Lumberland Museum

Address 1054 Proctor Road
Glen Spey, NY 12737
Website Click Here
Hours Wednesdays and Fridays - 9 am to 12 pm.
Themes Arts & Culture
Add to Itinerary   What's Nearby
 

Details

The Town of Lumberland was formed in 1798. Early occupations included farming, lumbering and quarrying. Much of the land was left rough until the 1860s when Singer Machine Vice President George Ross Mackenzie established his country estate. By the 1880s the Mckenzie estate was know on the map as "Glen Spey" and included many elaborate summer mansions, some of which still stand today.The Town`s history is celebrated in its Museum Room that features photographs, memorabilia and artifacts representing every hamlet in the Town of Lumberland, and which details the history of the D&H Canal in Pond Eddy.

Loading Map

Amenities

Museums
  • American History Museum:
Path Through History Information
  • Descriptive Signage:
  • Educational Programs:
  • Exhibits:
  • Official PTH Site:
  • Self Guided Tours:
  • Sites Dates Hours: Wednesdays and Fridays - 9 am to 12 pm.