In 1758 Isaac Valentine, blacksmith and farmer, built the Georgian house where he had access to crop markets and blacksmith business. In the Revolutionary War British and Colonial armies contested possession of the bridge and road. Isaac Varian bought the House and farm from Valentine's creditors in 1792. Varian's son Michael took over and then Michael's son Jesse became the third generation to operate the farm. It was donated to The Bronx County Historical Society in 1965 which operates it as the Museum of Bronx History.